CASSIDA GREASE MD 2 is a high performance silicone lubricant specially developed for the grease lubrication and sealing of tapes, valves and fittings with EPDM seals (ethylene-propylene-diene rubber) in the food and beverage processing and packaging industry, with good resistance to hot water, steam and disinfectant solutions.
It is based on a very stable synthetic thickener and base fluids chosen for their ability to meet the stringent requirements of the food and beverage industry.
Registered by NSF (Class H1) for use where there is potential for incidental food contact. Produced according to FLT Quality Standards, in facilities where HACCP audit and Good Manufacturing Practice have been implemented and form part of the quality and hygiene management systems ISO 9001 and ISO 21469.
Certificatons & Specifications
- Outstanding resistance to washout with cold and hot water, steam, disinfectant solutions and organic solvents
- Good adhesive properties
- Neutral odour and taste
- Does not affect beer foam stability
- Excellent rubber and elastomer compatibility including EPDM seals
- Free of mineral oil components
- NSF H1
- WRAS (UK Water Regulations Advisory Scheme Ltd.)Applications
• Lubricant and sealing grease for taps, valves and fittings with EPDM (ethylene-propylene-diene rubber) seals
• Recommended for the lubrication of all sorts of taps, flow meters and fittings used for the handling of water, drinks and beer, including drum filling inflow valves
• Generally applicable for tap cock or spindle valves and for rubber seals such as sleeves, membranes, O-rings seals and lip seals
• Recommended for use in sterilisers
• Not recommended for use in high speed bearings or in heavily loaded machineryCASSIDA GREASE MD 2 is not compatible with other greases. All equipment must be carefully cleaned before applying CASSIDA GREASE MD 2.